Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mashable - we're not talking potatoes

So my blog, which is about interesting and useful websites, is taking a turn toward a very cool site this week. I simply stumbled upon Mashable.com which is a blog about "all that's new on the web." This blog covers topics that are of interest to those in the PR field, as well as the everyday reader. There is a resources section, social networking section, as well as a mobile section, and several others.

As I mentioned before, I am pretty new to this site, but nearly every blog that I have read has been quite good. These guys seem to know what they are talking about, and like their motto states, they are introducing their readers to new sites and applications on the web. As a PR professional, I would definitely bookmark this site and check it regularly for updates.

For all of you Twitter freaks (yes, even though I dissed Twitter in class, I find myself checking it daily... am I addicted) I have found yet another link on mashable that has a TON of Twitter apps for you to get crazy with. Check the article out here.

2 comments:

Kgal9520 said...

Good recommendation. It is now on my favorites list. I'm not tech savvy, so this site is really helpful in helping me become more so. As for the twitter thing--I wouldn't say addicted (that's me). I would say smart. Letting updates build doesn't help the "randomness" and "clutter" that can happen.

Kristie Aylett, APR said...

Sounds like a smart site. Thanks for sharing.